Independent Medical Exams
Prizm has a network of qualified medical examiners to perform Independent Medical Examinations (IME) to determine medical necessity, causality or to render an opinion regarding a specific treatment plan request. Physicians are required to have an active practice with the majority of their income derived from the services provided to their patients and specialty.
Key Features of Our IME Services include:
- Board-Certified Physicians across the spectrum of health care services
- Prompt scheduling of appointments and keep all parties informed of any appointment changes
- Notification to claimant and necessary parties based upon client protocol
- Electronic notification of case status
- Once the report is received a Nurse completes a QA review to ensure the report meets expectations.
- Dr. Portal – allows doctors to look at all the medical records. Reduces turnaround times with less clarifications
Prizm understands the importance of high quality Peer Reviews and assures delivery within the most cost-effective manner. Our expert panel of Credentialed Board-Certified Physicians, of like specialty performs retrospective review of medical services rendered for medical necessity or causality concerns. Physicians are required to have an active practice with the majority of their income derived from the services provided to their patients and specialty.
Our Peer Review Services include:
- Determination of rationality and necessity of care
- Determination of appropriateness of setting where care is rendered and delivery of care
- Analysis of report to ensure it provides clear, concise and credible medical opinions
- Follow-up with physicians for addendum or clarifications, if applicable
- Reports conform to all state mandated timelines
Prizm has an extensive panel of Board Certified Radiologists and Neuro-Radiologists to perform film reviews for our clients. Physicians are required to have an active practice with the majority of their income derived from the services provided to their patients and specialty.
Our Film Review Solution offers:
- Prompt referral to a specialist for review of X-Rays, CT Scans and MRI's
- Studies are reviewed to determine causality with possible aging of the injury
- Final Independent report is rendered and provided to adjuster